Singa-Sino Friendship Association and the Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (hereinafter referred to as "the parties"), desiring to strengthen the existing friendly relations between Singapore and China and their peoples, Hereby agree as follows:
The parties shall promote the development of economic, social, cultural, educational, sports and scientific co-operation between the peoples of the two countries on the basis of mutual respect for each other's sovereignty and mutual benefit in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the respective countries.
The co-operations referred to in Article I shall include the provisions for the following matters:
- Exchange visits of entrepreneurs, business people, industrialists, economists, teachers, technologists, doctors, scientists, journalist, writers, artists, musician and other experts.
- Exchange of cultural programs, artist groups, friendly cultural performances and various exhibition of national features.
- Exchange of observation and training personnel.
- Exchange visits of athletic and sports teams.
- Mutual assistance in the fields of social or community development.
- Exchange of publications and videos of historical, cultural, economic, social, educational and scientific value.
- The parties shall promote tourism between the two countries.
- Any other means as the parties may agree upon.
The parties shall endeavor to develop friendship between the two countries and their peoples by way of encouraging co-operation in other fields as may be agreed upon by the parties from time to time.
The parties shall consult each other whenever necessary in order to agree upon ways and means of implementation of this MOU. As regards the actual implementation of the MOU, the parties shall make an annual plan or a plan for a longer period through consultation.
This MOU shall come into force on the date of its execution and shall cease to be in force upon expire of six months from the date on which either party has notified the other in writing of its intention to terminate it.
In witness whereof, the undersigned, being duly authorized by their respective associations, have signed the present MOU.
Executed and effected in Beijing on this day of May 4th 1994 in two originals each in Chinese and English, all two texts being equally authentic.